The first year I attended they honored Peter O’Toole (oh god I will never forget 2011 O’Toole-fest) and last year they honored Kim Novak. This year Ms. Jane Fonda will be getting her hands in the cement. Her choice of film to present is On Golden Pond, the film in which she was able to work with her father, legend Henry Fonda, who finally won an Academy Award after five decades in the industry. I’ll post the full press release below. I hope Jane is as sassy as I imagine!
The festival was two weeks ago and it was amazing. I did a lot of coverage/interviews this year over at YAM Magazine, and now that it has all posted I wanted to make sure you guys over here got to read it all.
- a roundup of the event
- my personal roundup, including some crazy shenanigans and photos of me with celebrities.
- red carpet interviews with Michael Murphy, Barbara Rush, Leonard Maltin, William Wellman Jr. and Bob Mackie
- excerpts from roundtable discussions with Ben Mankiewicz and Robert Osborne
- an exclusive interview with Thelma Schoonmaker about Martin Scorsese and her late husband Michael Powell
- an exclusive interview with Rick Baker about monster films
- an exclusive interview (while having tea!) with Tippi Hedren