Monthly Archives: January 2012
Tomorrow is the grand opening of the new Warner Bros. Theater at the Smithsonian Institute. In celebration of the opening the theater will be screening four films featuring Humphrey Bogart, arguably the studio’s must notable star: Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, Treasure of Sierra Madre and The Big Sleep. Stephen Bogart, son of film legends Bogart and Lauren Bacall, will be on hand for the inaugural presentation of Casablanca. I was lucky enough to speak with him briefly this morning about the new theater, his father’s legacy and some of his thoughts on Hollywood today.
- The Artist
- The Descendants
- The Help
- Midnight In Paris
- Demián Bichir – A Better Life
- Jean Dujardin – The Artist
- George Clooney – The Descendants
- Leonardo DiCaprio – J. Edgar
- Brad Pitt – Moneyball
- Glenn Close – Albert Nobbs
- Viola Davis – The Help
- Meryl Streep – The Iron Lady
- Michelle Williams – My Week With Marilyn
- Tilda Swinton – We Need To Talk About Kevin
Best Supporting Actor
- Christopher Plummer – Beginners
- Armie Hammer – J. Edgar
- Kenneth Branagh – My Week With Marilyn
- Jonah Hill – Moneyball
- Nick Nolte – Warrior
Best Supporting Actress
- Janet McTeer – Albert Nobbs
- Bérénice Bejo – The Artist
- Melissa McCarthy – Bridesmaids
- Jessica Chastain – The Help
- Octavia Spencer – The Help
Best Stunt Ensemble
- The Adjustment Bureau
- Cowboys and Aliens
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2
- Transfromers: Dark of the Moon
- X-Men: First Class
Jonathan: I’m a vegetarian.
Alex: You’re a what?
Jonathan: I don’t eat meat.
Alex: How can you not eat meat?
Jonathan: I. . .I. . .just don’t.
Alex: [to Grandfather, in Russian] He says he does not eat meat.
Grandfather: [to Alex, in Russian] What?
Alex: No meat?
Jonathan: No meat.
Alex: And what about the sausage?
Jonathan: No, no sausage, no meat!
Alex: [to Grandfather, in Russian] He says he does not eat any meat.
Grandfather: [to Alex, in Russian] Not even sausage?
Alex: [to Grandfather, in Russian] I know!
Grandfather: [to Alex, in Russian] What is wrong with him?
Alex: What is wrong with you?
Jonathan: Nothing, I just don’t eat meat!