Site Update: The Japanese Cinema Blogathon, Some Contenders and More
A few things
- The Japanese Cinema Blogathon has concluded. I think it was a wonderful success. We had 63 contributed posts over seven days. I’m not sure how much money we raised, but based just on the clicks to the donation page from my site alone, I think we raised quite a bit. I hope everyone who participated had fun. I know I did!
- I’ve added some new names and films to the “The Contenders” list on the right side of the site. This is basically the films I think have a good chance being nominated in various categories. This is all sight-unseen, and based on the pedigree of the films.
- Oscar Vault Monday is about a month away from its 1 year Anniversary! There were two weeks at the beginning of the feature’s inception wherein I made no posts, so when it does reach the 1-year milestone, it will only be 50 posts. But that’s still quite a bit. More news on that as the date approaches.
- I just finished reading Sidney Lumet’s Making Movies. It is a fabulous book and I recommend it to anyone who loves films.
- On a personal note, my mother is raising money for the Avon “In It To End It” Breast Cancer Walk in Washington D.C. If you’d like to contribute, you can do so here (every little bit helps!)
- I signed up for a Formspring.me account, so if you have any questions or comments or anything that need a longer answer, feel free to drop me a line.
- Lastly, as many of you know I watch a lot of films. Well, I am going to try to review at least one film a week for YAM Magazine. You can see my reviews here.