precursors chart, frontrunners and tight races…oh my!
I’ve made a chart of all the precursors that have announced winners, various critics, the national board of review, etc.
By compiling all this info into one handy chart a few things have become very clear
- Kathryn Bigelow – The Hurt Locker for Best Director
- Christoph Waltz – Inglourious Basterds for Best Supporting Actor
- Mo’Nique – Precious for Best Supporting Actress
- Quentin Tarantino – Inglourious Basterds for Best Original Screenplay
- Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner – Up In The Air for Best Adapted Screenplay
- Barry Ackroyd – The Hurt Locker for Best Cinematography
- Best Picture: Up In The Air vs. The Hurt Locker vs. Inglourious Basterds
- Best Actor: George Clooney – Up In The Air vs. Jeff Bridges – Crazy Heart vs. Colin Firth – A Single Man
- Best Actress: Meryl Streep – Julie & Julia vs. Carey Mulligan – An Education
- Animated Feature: Up vs. Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Best Documentary Feature: Anvil! The Story of Anvil vs. The Cove
- Best Foreign Film: Sin Nombre vs. The White Ribbon vs. Summer Hours
However, all of those mentioned above are almost guaranteed nominations.
Posted on December 18, 2009, in Precursors and tagged An Education, Carey Mulligan, Christoph Waltz, Colin Firth, Fantastic Mr. Fox, George Clooney, Inglourious Basterds, Jeff Bridges, Julie & Julia, Kathryn Bigelow, Meryl Streep, Mo'Nique, Oscars, Precious, Precursors, the Academy Awards, the hurt locker, Up. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
what kind of dairy do film awards fanatics enjoy?
whoops. i fixed it so it says “diary” instead of “dairy.” thanks for letting me know!